|Senior Programme Manager, Country Performance Monitoring and Measurement (TEMP)|
|Monitor the performance of Gavi’s investments to countries;
Inform and monitor Gavi’s strategy of data related investments at global and regional levels
|Country Performance Monitoring and Measurement|
|Head of Country Performance Monitoring and Measurement|
Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance is a public-private partnership committed to saving children's lives and protecting people's health by increasing equitable use of vaccines in lower-income countries. The Vaccine Alliance brings together developing country and donor governments, the World Health Organization, UNICEF, the World Bank, the vaccine industry, technical agencies, civil society, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and other private sector partners. Gavi uses innovative finance mechanisms, including co-financing by recipient countries, to secure sustainable funding and adequate supply of quality vaccines. Since 2000, Gavi has contributed to the immunisation of nearly 700 million children and the prevention of more than 10 million future deaths.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND DELIVERABLES
• Improved monitoring of Gavi country investments based on agreed performance metrics and other reporting requirements;
• Develop key strategic areas for and monitoring of Gavi investments in data system strengthening.
• Serve as the focal point for a Regional Team within Country Support to support strengthened monitoring of Gavi country investments. As an extension of this role:
o Articulate / monitor country performance in relation to the Gavi strategic framework;
o Advise the regional team members on monitoring and evaluation considerations;
o Monitor compliance of the Gavi data quality and survey requirements;
o Foster the use of data for action by ensuring availability of key analyses as well as tools;
o Draw on specific experts for targeted assistance as necessary.
• Improve quality of performance frameworks and grant monitoring tools as defined below:
o Assure selection of robust performance metrics which are aligned to key areas of investments;
o Manage routine use and reporting of agreed metrics by flagging overdue reporting;
o Review quality of data reported.
• Support strategic use of data to feed into key decision points internal to the Gavi Secretariat as well as within the Alliance;
• Contribute to routine monitoring of grant implementation through in-country missions and/or remote contributions;
• Lead specific technical workstreams by (1) developing the strategy for key areas of Gavi investments in technical areas related to Gavi’s data strategy; (2) coordinating partners in the design and implementation of prioritised initiatives; (3) monitoring and reporting on outputs of Gavi data investments; and (4) staying abreast of new advances in these technical workstreams;
• Lead documentation and communication of findings from qualitative or quantitative analyses of results and outcomes associated with Gavi initiatives and investments;
• Identifying and sharing relevant innovations related to Gavi’s data strategy.
Note: The essential functions listed in this section are not exhaustive of the job responsibilities; other duties may be assigned consistently with the department needs.
• Minimum of 8 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation of health and/or development programmes;
• Development of theories of change for health and/or development projects, programmes and/or initiatives;
• Training and support to programme managers to facilitate development of monitoring frameworks, including explication of theory of change, documentation of assumptions, definition of results chains and development of monitoring plans;
• Conduct of quantitative and qualitative data analysis;
• Communication of findings from quantitative and qualitative analysis; and
• Experience in designing and/or implementing monitoring/country data systems.
• Critical thinking and solution oriented;
• Excellent understanding of theories of change and monitoring frameworks;
• Excellent knowledge of limitations of data sources and means of measurements;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Ability to lead partners and stakeholders without direct authority;
• Excellent planning and organising skills;
• Demonstrated capacity to manage a variety of workstreams simultaneously and maintain a focus on priorities;
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment and establish harmonious working relationships, both within and outside the organisation; and
• Proven ability to work independently, under pressure, demonstrating initiative and flexibility.
• Excellent written and spoken English language skills;
• Knowledge of French, Russian and/or Spanish is an asset.
• Master’s degree or higher in public health or other relevant discipline.
• Gavi Secretariat;
• Country ministries of health, planning and finance;
• The Global Fund;
• The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation; and
• Other partners such as PATH, JSI, etc.
• Incumbent is expected to travel approximately 10-15% of their time.
Gavi is committed to diversity within its workforce and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
If you wish to apply, please provide a cover letter and resume through our Careers webpage and apply by clicking on “Senior Programme Manager, Country Performance Monitoring and Measurement (TEMP)” Deadline for applications is 17 June 2019.
Become part of our community and join us on Facebook and Twitter for updates about our mission to save children’s lives! You can also follow our hashtag #vaccineswork.