|Senior Manager, Financial Accounting|
|Responsible for the Financial Accounting Team and for the delivery of Gavi’s financial accounting processes|
|Head, Financial Accounting & Reporting|
Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance is a public-private partnership committed to saving children's lives and protecting people's health by increasing equitable use of vaccines in lower-income countries. The Vaccine Alliance brings together developing country and donor governments, the World Health Organization, UNICEF, the World Bank, the vaccine industry, technical agencies, civil society, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and other private sector partners. Gavi uses innovative finance mechanisms, including co-financing by recipient countries, to secure sustainable funding and adequate supply of quality vaccines. Since 2000, Gavi has contributed to the immunisation of nearly 700 million children and the prevention of more than 10 million future deaths.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND DELIVERABLES
• Supervise and guide Financial Accounting consultant (1-2 consultants);
• Ensure timely and accurate monthly financial reports;
• Ensure an effective internal control environment;
• Ensure no financial accounting related significant deficiencies;
• Ensure staff is technically competent and efficient by providing constructive feedback and ensuring that pertinent training is offered and received;
• Draft policies and procedures, or other documents as required.
• Manage accounting and close process with exception of country programme grant accounting;
• Financial accounting including general ledger transactions accounting:
a. Oversee and review all balance sheet accounts;
b. Approve journal entries produced by Geneva accounting staff, review and approve documentation;
c. Ensure that the accounting treatment is correct;
d. Quarterly financial statements;
e. Maintain work papers and reconciliation schedules;
f. Oversee all accounting work produced by Financial Services Team (Accounts Payable and Expense Claims);
g. Payment batch release;
h. Prepare year-end/audit papers.
• Ensure compliance with internal procedures; recommend and implement process improvements;
• Ensure all appropriate risk management documentation is in place and relevant controls are adhered to;
• Support all relevant internal areas including the design and presentation of training for accounting policies and procedures which impact these departments;
• Manage reconciliation process in connection with all Alliance accounting functions;
• Team leadership: guide and coach consultants outsourced accountant(s);
• Ad-hoc projects as so directed by Head, Financial Accounting and Reporting.
Note: The essential functions listed in this section are not exhaustive of the job responsibilities; other duties may be assigned consistently with the department needs.
• Minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible experience in financial accounting and reporting; and financial systems preferably in US GAAP (or IFRS) environments;
• At least 5 years' experience of accounting manager and/or controllership experience.
• Excellent computer skills, in particular with Microsoft Excel;
• Experience in analytics and data mining, reporting of results;
• Excellent attention to detail is critical;
• Customer, service and solution orientated;
• Promotes sharing of information and cross-team work;
• Able to successfully interact at all organisational levels;
• Experience of working with SAP or a brand-name ERP considered as an asset;
• Team player, yet equally able to work autonomously;
• Organised, thorough detail oriented;
• Integrity and principles-based work ethics;
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment;
• Potential to manage multiple projects simultaneously and maintain focus on priority;
• Ability to work / manage a team at distance (outsourced provider).
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
• Working knowledge of French is an asset.
• CPA or equivalent;
• Degree in finance or accounting.
• Gavi Secretariat;
Gavi is committed to diversity within its workforce and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
If you wish to apply, please provide a cover letter and resume through our Careers webpage and apply by clicking on “Senior Manager, Financial Accounting”. Deadline for applications is 15 April 2019.
Become part of our community and join us on Facebook and Twitter for updates about our mission to save children’s lives! You can also follow our hashtag #vaccineswork.