Great vacancy Manager, Partners' Engagement Framework (parental leave) hiring now
Job Details: Manager, Partners' Engagement Framework (parental leave)
Full details of the job.
Manager, Partners' Engagement Framework (parental leave)
Purpose of Position
Support the Partners’ Engagement Framework (PEF).
Partners' Engagement Framework
Head of Partners’ Engagement Framework
Career Step Level
Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance is a public-private partnership committed to saving children's lives and protecting people's health by increasing equitable use of vaccines in lower-income countries. The Vaccine Alliance brings together developing country and donor governments, the World Health Organization, UNICEF, the World Bank, the vaccine industry, technical agencies, civil society, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and other private sector partners. Gavi uses innovative finance mechanisms, including co-financing by recipient countries, to secure sustainable funding and adequate supply of quality vaccines. Since 2000, Gavi has contributed to the immunisation of nearly 700 million children and the prevention of more than 10 million future deaths.
The Partners’ Engagement Framework (PEF) is one of the three modalities through which Gavi support countries (along with vaccines and Health Systems Strengthening Support). Through this process, Gavi partners (including WHO, UNICEF, World Bank, CDC and 50+ other institutions) receive funding from Gavi for their roles in providing technical assistance to countries and to define the global norms and standards in the field of immunisation.
The PEF process, includes a strong country-centric approach as well as an increased focus on transparency and accountability. It also leverages the contribution from a large number of ‘expanded partners’ (more than 50) and the constitution of tailored technical assistance plans for each of the 65 countries supported by Gavi through this process.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND DELIVERABLES
• Support the MOH and country partners in the planning monitoring and reporting on implementation of their technical assistance needs to improve immunisation coverage and equity;
• Analysis and recommendations in relation to the PEF funding mechanisms, targeted country assistance strategic focus areas and foundational support of PEF portfolio;
• Support a strong outcome-based accountability mechanism by which funded partners report back on their progress in supporting countries implementing immunisation programmes represents good value for money;
• Grant management of technical assistance to Gavi-eligible countries, including support to the planning, and management and monitoring of the technical assistance
• Support the full participation of MOH and country partners in the planning monitoring and implementation of their technical assistance needs to improve immunisation coverage and equity;
• Support excellent relationships and productive collaboration with country stakeholders and partners, and good understanding by them of Gavi policies, and processes;
Ensure that the core processes associated to PEF provide the opportunities for countries to:
• Identify their immunisation bottlenecks and express their needs for technical assistance;
• Review the sets of potential partners who could provide support in these areas;
• Engage country-level partners on their role and responsibilities in providing the technical assistance;
• Provide feedback on the effectiveness and relevance of the assistance received from partners.
Strong relationships and productive collaboration with country stakeholders and partners, and good understanding by them of Gavi policies, initiatives, decisions, etc:
• Ensure that all contractual agreements between Gavi and partners are in place and adhere to a minimum standard of quality (e.g. including the relevant accountability piece, an approach to sustainability, etc.).
Quality, timely analysis and recommendations in relation to the PEF funding mechanisms, targeted country assistance strategic focus areas and foundational support of PEF portfolio:
• Support the financial monitoring of the PEF budget by assisting in managing the overall PEF programmatic budget, including tracking commitments, expenditure, and available funding;
• Review technical assistance reporting components of progress report or Joint or internal appraisals and recommends improvements;
• Review and analysis’s of partners financial proposals to ensure value for money;
• Review and analysis of Partners reports and plans;
• Review and analysis of targeted country assistance, strategic focus areas and foundational support financial records.
Implementation of a strong outcome-based accountability mechanism by which funded partners report back on their progress in supporting countries implementing immunisation programmes represents good value for money:
• Proactive identification, reporting and resolution/mitigation of issues and risks related to management and use of Gavi investments.
Support the financial oversight and monitoring of the PEF budget components of foundational support, post transition engagement, strategic focus area and targeted country assistance:
• Assist in managing the overall PEF programmatic budget, including tracking commitments, expenditure, and available funding;
• Collaborating with Secretariat and Finance teams to development yearly budget forecasts, for reporting to governance committees;
• Support the development and maintenance of financial tracking databases.
Note: The essential functions listed in this section are not exhaustive of the job responsibilities; other duties may be assigned consistently with the department needs.
• A minimum of 5 years of professional experience with a significant share in the field of global development;
• Experience in the field of technical assistance and understanding of the landscape of partners providing assistance in global health;
• Experience in working with UN agencies, financing institution or with donors an advantage;
• Significant grant, project procurement, financial and/or programme-management experience required, including in situations of considerable complexity and political sensitivity.
• Project management skills;
• Accounting and Financial management skills;
• Excellent writing and communication skills;
• Cross team collaboration;
• Comfort with ambiguity and complexity.
• Fluent in written and spoken English is essential;
• Written and spoken French is an asset.
• Degree in business administration, public health, public policy, economics or international development.
• Management of Gavi Alliance partners;
• Gavi Secretariat
Duration: Approx. 11 months (July 2019 to May 2020)
Gavi is committed to diversity within its workforce and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
If you wish to apply, please provide a
and apply by clicking on “Manager, Partners’ Engagement Framework (parental leave)”. Deadline for applications is 17 April 2019.
Become part of our community and join us on Facebook and Twitter for updates about our mission to save children’s lives! You can also follow our hashtag #vaccineswork
Sage People Recruit