|Manager, Global & Country Media Engagement|
|Head, Global & Country Media Engagement|
Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance is a public-private partnership committed to saving children's lives and protecting people's health by increasing equitable use of vaccines in lower-income countries. The Vaccine Alliance brings together developing country and donor governments, the World Health Organization, UNICEF, the World Bank, the vaccine industry, technical agencies, civil society, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and other private sector partners. Gavi uses innovative finance mechanisms, including co-financing by recipient countries, to secure sustainable funding and adequate supply of quality vaccines. Since 2000, Gavi has contributed to the immunisation of nearly 700 million children and the prevention of more than 10 million future deaths.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND DELIVERABLES
• Increase profile of Gavi's work in key donor countries and implementing country media outlets;
• Produce consistently high-quality content such as blogs that can be used in Gavi communications, on social media platforms and leveraged by Vaccine Alliance partners.
• Handle reactive media requests; develop and maintain strong contacts at key media outlets;
• Write and produce media materials including press releases, op-eds, Q and As, briefs, and stories or blogs for publication on Gavi’s digital platforms;
• Contribute to the development and implementation of overall communications and media engagement strategies;
• Provide comprehensive media support at Gavi events in donor and implementing countries;
• Contribute to the development and implementation of overall communications and media engagement strategies.
Note: The essential functions listed in this section are not exhaustive of the job responsibilities; other duties may be assigned consistently with the department needs.
• Minimum of 4 years of increasing responsibility in media and communications, journalism or public relations;
• Experience working with journalists,
• Excellent networking skills;
• Excellent writing skills;
• Experience in managing consultants and PR companies;
• Knowledge of Global Health or development issues greatly preferred;
• Experience in working with government officials and CSO partners in donor and developing countries an asset.
• Excellent writing and editorial skills;
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills especially when dealing with complicated or time-sensitive subjects;
• Solid understanding of international development issues and global health;
• Overall knowledge of print, broadcast and interactive digital media and platforms;
• Ability to work independently and on a team with other communications unit members as well as other units;
• Excellent political awareness and cultural sensitivity;
• Ability to work independently to a high standard.
• Fluency in written and spoken English;
• Fluency in other languages a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, communications or a related field.
• Gavi Secretariat;
• Gavi-eligible countries;
• The Global Fund;
• The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation;
• The World Bank;
• Other partners and stakeholders as required.
Gavi is committed to diversity within its workforce and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
If you wish to apply, please provide a cover letter and resume through our Careers webpage and apply by clicking on “Manager, Global & Country Media Engagement”. Deadline for applications is 22 April 2019.
Become part of our community and join us on Facebook and Twitter for updates about our mission to save children’s lives! You can also follow our hashtag #vaccineswork.