Great vacancy Senior Manager, Vaccine Policy & Investment hiring now
Job Details: Senior Manager, Vaccine Policy & Investment
Full details of the job.
Senior Manager, Vaccine Policy & Investment
Purpose of Position
Lead activities to inform decision-making on new vaccine investments and contribute to other vaccine policy projects
Career Step Level
KEY RESULTS EXPECTED
• Lead the development of vaccine investment cases and recommendations to the Gavi Alliance Board;
• Manage Alliance stakeholder and technical expert engagement on topics related to vaccine policy and investment cases;
• Serve as thought leader on vaccine policy topics;
• Monitor vaccine development landscape.
• Drive assessment and decision-making on new vaccine investments,
• Design or adapt decision or prioritisation frameworks for assessment of vaccine investments, including indicators and thresholds;
• Develop analytical plan and drive quantitative and qualitative assessment of vaccine candidates (e.g. health and economic impact modelling, often performed in collaboration with external partners; implementation feasibility);
• Perform comparative assessment with other opportunities or vaccines currently supported by Gavi;
• Assess data gaps and uncertainty in analyses;
• Identify and assess potential options for Gavi funding for the vaccine, operational costs for introduction and other related activities and develop recommendations;
• Oversee consultations with Alliance constituencies, partner and technical experts, including validation of methodologies and analyses;
• Draft official documents for the Gavi Alliance Board articulating compelling, evidence-based investment recommendations and ensure timely submission of such documents for Gavi governance processes;
• Evidence monitoring and translation to policy;
• Serve as focal point on Gavi’s engagement in epidemic preparedness and response, global health security and anti-microbial resistance;
• Advise on vaccine policy issues to ensure evolving scientific and technical guidance on vaccines is translated into Gavi policy-making and programme design;
• Establish and maintain coordination with relevant technical bodies (e.g., WHO SAGE, R&D Blueprint, PDVAC) and other funding organisation (e.g., Wellcome, CEPI);
• Monitor emerging evidence; develop concept papers, briefing notes and reports as relevant on different vaccine policy topics and brief senior management on vaccine policy issues;
• As relevant, scope new and innovative pieces of policy research relevant to Gavi’s operations.
Note: The essential functions listed in this section are not limited only to the tasks listed and may include other duties as assigned.
Minimum of 8 years’ progressive experience working in development or global health, including:
• Experience in health, and preferably vaccination, strategies and policies is a plus;
• Experience leading complex projects with diverse stakeholders is necessary;
• Experience with qualitative and quantitative analysis methods is necessary;
• Public sector stakeholder management experience preferred;
• Developing country experience desirable.
• Knowledge of global health issues, vaccines and immunisation; understanding of epidemiology of vaccine-preventable diseases is required;
• Self-starter with strong planning and project management skills, and a pro-active work attitude;
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; a logical thinker with intellectual curiosity and the ability to think strategically;
• Excellent written (and oral) communication skills, with demonstrated ability to deliver high quality work within tight deadlines;
• Excellent relationship-building skills and ability to drive consensus among diverse stakeholders with tact and discretion;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with colleagues from a wide range of disciplines and backgrounds; ability to work in a multi-cultural environment;
• Excellent information technology skills (e.g. MS Excel, MS PowerPoint);
• Ability to work independently, under pressure, demonstrating initiative and flexibility;
• Knowledge of international public health agencies;
• Desirable: specific experience in outbreak/epidemic infectious diseases;
• Desirable: familiarity with programmatic and institutional realities in developing country settings; competency in health economic analysis.
• Fluency in English required;
• French language abilities would be an asset.
• Advanced university degree in public health, epidemiology, health economics, medicine or closely related field (e.g. MPH, MSPH, MSc, PhD, MD) highly desirable).
• Gavi Secretariat;
• Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation;
• Civil society organisations;
• The World Bank;
• World Health Organisation;
• Research and technical institutes;
• Other technical experts and independent agencies.
Gavi is committed to diversity within its workforce and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
If you wish to apply, please visit our Careers webpage and apply by clicking on “Senior Manager, Vaccine Policy & Investment”. Deadline for application is 5 February 2021
Become part of our community and join us on Facebook and Twitter for updates about our mission to save children’s lives! You can also follow our hashtag #vaccineswork.
Sage People Recruit