Great vacancy Senior Manager, Editorial Content hiring now
Job Details: Senior Manager, Editorial Content
Full details of the job.
Senior Manager, Editorial Content
Purpose of Position
Career Step Level
KEY FUNCTIONS AND DELIVERABLES
• Be responsible for ensuring development and production of Gavi-generated content for media and across Gavi’s digital and social media platforms;
• Research and create first-class written content for a wide range of purposes including blogs, op-eds, speeches, video scripts and social media posts;
• Play a key role in the development of Vaccines Work, Gavi’s newly-launched digital media platform, including developing content partnerships, new content formats and other ways of boosting audience engagement;
• Working closely with colleagues in Gavi’s content and media teams to support a culture of story gathering, content creation and editing when needed;
• Develop and draft compelling content across multiple formats, including but not exclusively video, social media, speeches and op-eds;
• Provide oversight to colleagues responsible for producing video and social media content;
• Participate actively in the daily editorial planning meeting where commissioning decisions are taken on content production for the days ahead;
• Establish key contacts within Gavi, the wider Vaccine Alliance and other partners and stakeholders for the purposes of content development;
• Adopt a data-based approach to Gavi’s content planning;
• Contribute to ongoing improvements to Gavi’s website and digital properties;
• Help lead Gavi’s longer-term editorial planning;
• Work closely with the media team on developing content opportunities across owned and earned media.
Note: The essential functions listed in this section are not exhaustive of the job responsibilities; other duties may be assigned consistently with the department needs.
• At least 8 years’ experience in communications, print or broadcast media, preferably involving science or health issues.
• The ability to develop and write compelling narratives, often on short deadlines;
• Proven story-gatherer, with an ability to help technical teams and other experts translate their work into accessibly, compelling stories;
• A flair for writing in an engaged, accessible style as well as in the voice of other people;
• Must be confident in finding ways to communicate what is often highly technical information and language to a lay audience, with accuracy paramount;
• Excellent copyediting and subediting skills. The ability to copy review on writing style in line with Gavi editorial & style guide;
• Experience in digital formats such as short-form video for social media would be considered a plus;
Nice to have
• Crisis communications and media relations;
• Experience in global health, and/or working with international organisations;
• Excellent writing & speaking;
• Good working knowledge of French.
• University degree, either in a communications-related field or science field.
• Gavi Secretariat.
Gavi is committed to diversity within its workforce and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
If you wish to apply, please provide a cover letter and resume through our Careers webpage and apply by clicking on “Senior Manager, Editorial Content”. Deadline for applications is 22 October 2020.
Become part of our community and join us on Facebook and Twitter for updates about our mission to save children’s lives! You can also follow our hashtag #vaccineswork.
Sage People Recruit